Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thank You

(This is the only picture that I have of today. It was taken after the run...
but I will be getting some pictures posted as soon as I can).

Where do I begin? I guess I should begin by telling you where this idea came from. One night after taking dinner to Stephanie's family, I drove home crying because I felt so bad. I felt bad because here I was, one of her best friends from high school, without a dime to give. All night I kept thinking about what I could do and then it occurred to me.....do a run. My little brain starting racing, I wasn't sure how it was going to happen, I almost blew it off thinking it would be too hard. Thank heavens  for good friends. Each of us have been influenced by Stephanie's life in one way or another and it was such a wonderful experience to come together again in her behalf. Today we had over 200 runners and had nearly $5000 donated to the Nie Nie Recovery Fund. I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of love that was felt. The sun was shining, the energy was amazing....people were able to give whatever they could and we are grateful for every dime given. Thank you for all of you who were the "winners" today.




7 comments:

Christina said...

Thank you for organizing such an amazing run this morning. I had a great time and am grateful for your hard work!

Running with kids....it's about making the time now! said...

Thank you for the run, it was great, and an awesome thing to be part of. It was great to run with my kids, and take part in it all. My kids really enjoyed it, as did I. Thank you again.

The Betitas said...

Im so glad it turned out well! I wish I could have been there to see all the people! I think you had such a great idea. Im glad it all came together! WAY TO GO!!!

Jaime said...

Yes nice work Sarah thanks for all your hard work!!!

Amberly said...

Thanks for putting this run together. It was a great way to spend a Saturday morning with my family.

Kathy said...

I had so much fun at the run! It was much more fun than just going out for a run in the morning and I love that it was for such a great cause.

You rock for putting together such a fun and well organized event!

Maranda said...

Sarah,

I think it is great what you and so many others are doing for your friend Stephanie.

You are great!